The goals of the Neuropathology Core FRCPath, directed by John C. Morris, M.D. and co-directed by Nigel Cairns, Ph.D., FRCPath, is based on four principles:
- Neuropathological examination is essential to validate the clinical diagnoses in the ADNI study groups;
- Variability in methods and interpretation of lesions among individual neuropathologists require a central laboratory, using state-of-the-art methods and up-to-date criteria, to establish uniform and standard neuropathological diagnoses;
- Clinical-neuroimaging-neuropathological correlations in any ADNI participant who comes to autopsy will be of exceptional value; and
- The archiving of fixed and frozen brain tissue will facilitate biomarker studies of the earliest stages of AD.
- ADNI Biospecimens Data Overview
- ADNI NPC Protocol
- Neuropathology Core Research Plan
- ADNI Neuropathy Core Status 2008
- Request ADNI Samples
|John C. Morris, M.D.
John Morris is a member of the Alzheimer’s Association’s Medical & Scientific Advisory Committee. He chairs the Clinical Task Force for the NIA’s Alzheimer Disease Centers program. He is author or co-author of over 300 peer-reviewed journal articles and 50 chapters and reviews. He edited the the first and second editions of the Handbook of Dementing Illnesses.